Thursday, July 22, 2021

What a Difference a Day Makes!

 

So I showed you the orange sun setting on Tuesday night.  Well, I went to take the garbage out Tuesday night and when I looked up at the sky and was stunned to see the moon above the horizon and it was bright orange!  That shouldn't have been a surprise since 6 hours earlier I had photographed an orange Sun!  But it was still a surprise to see - I don't remember ever seeing an orange moon before.  So I grabbed my camera and a telephoto lens, and a tripod and made the photograph.  Then on Wednesday night, after a cold front passed through, there was the moon, white as can be!  So I thought that a comparison photo of the two moons would be fun to post. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is astounding! I have never seen an orange moon before. So glad you showed both moons side by side to really see the contrast. betsey

Anonymous said...

Crazy, the difference in one day. I don't think I have seen a bright orange moon before. Thanks for sharing the two photos side by side.
Joan

Chuckhud said...

You made me think how different we are sometimes. I look at the moon and think "wow...the moon looks orange tonight"....you look at the moon and think "wow...I need to go get my camera and tri-pod and take a photo of this"....and for good measure, I'll post the photo side-by-side with another picture of the moon that I'll take tomorrow night and post it on my blog". :^)