Friday, July 16, 2021

The Painters Having Lunch


Sometimes I wonder where my photographic brain is!  I was walking the 22 blocks up to the Met and there are park benches all along the way.  I always keep my eye out for photographs as I walk.  I passed four guys dressed in white, and I kept on walking!  What?  Yeah I did.  Then I said to myself, "Maybe I should go back and shoot those guys, they are all in white and it would be a great shot," and then I kept on walking.  Then I thought about going back again, but I had walked two blocks by then.  What is wrong with me!  FINALLY I thought "What am I DOING?  GO BACK THERE!"  So I turned around, walked back, and asked the four guys "Can I take your picture, just for fun?"  They said "sure" and this is the result!  I can't believe I had to argue with myself for two blocks to get this shot!  

 

7 comments:

Ron said...

I love the photo. Any chance you can explain why painters wear all white? I have worked with many of them in the past but have never thought to ask. Thanks,
Ron

Anonymous said...

HaHaHa. It is a Spencer trait to argue with yourself! Glad you went back for a fun photo. Why do painters where white?
Joan

ken schwarz said...

Fun pic and definitely worth retracing your steps to capture the moment! To add to above comments, white does seem like an odd color to wear for painting - unless the painters specialize in ceiling work. I can't even open a can of paint without getting paint on my clothes - hence, I have a collection of old paint stained clothes just for painting.

Ken Spencer said...

Interesting question about wearing white. I googled the question and came up with this, which makes sense. Painters wear white because people do not want dirty people coming in their houses tracking dirt everywhere. ... The most common color painters deal with is white and they use other white stuff like plaster and spackle. They wear white clothes so the splotches do not show

Anonymous said...

I had to laugh about your arguing with yourself! Glad your photographer brain took over and went back. We all want to know why painters wear white and you answered the question. betsey

Anonymous said...

Thank you Ken for googling why painters where white to answer all of our questions.
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

You are all welcome! It is your questions that add to my curiosity, and that is really fun... :-)