Friday, July 30, 2021

The Yacht and the Red Sun


This photograph is from July 20th when I was driving around looking to see how many different views I could get of the big red sun.  This was the last photograph, and it might have been better if I was down on the water at Sea Cliff beach sooner.  The sun would have been brighter, and a bit more obvious, but it would have been higher in the sky and further from the masts of the yacht.  I left the two birds in the upper right corner of the photograph - I couldn't decide if they were distracting or not.  So all in all, an interesting photograph, but not a perfect one!  I do like the contrast, by the way, of the four small sailboats to the right of the huge yacht.  They are Laser sailboats and about 14 feet long.

4 comments:

Ron said...

I can’t explain it but the birds add a particular “something” to the photo. In short, I love it. Thanks

Anonymous said...

If the laser sail boats are 14 feet, is the yacht 75 or 100 feet? I like that you left the birds in the photo.
Joan

Anonymous said...

All I could think of was Big Mama with her four offspring trailing behind! I am guessing the yacht is around 100 feet... Great photo! I like that the boats are the focal point. betsey

ken schwarz said...

There is a very serine feeling to this late afternoon photograph. I'm guessing the ketch is under 90'. The four Lasers just rounded a buoy in light winds and two shore birds are in flight to complete the scene. I wouldn't change anything!