Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Something to Hold a Plant


I have passed this concrete structure for over a year now on my bike ride. They were paving one of the roads I rode on everyday, and I had to find a new route, which I did.  I liked the new route better because it took me through a nice residential area.  I have seen this every day, but in the fall and winter and early Spring I wasn't able to see a picture.  Until today, when I realized that having all the greenery around it, and something planted in the urn on top finally made the picture come together.  This sits on the lawn of a regular suburban home and I have no idea how it ended up here.  I don't think there was a mansion here originally.  Some day I will have to stop and ask about it.  I love this because like so many things I love to photograph, it is deteriorated, with rust stains on it, which makes it really interesting.

3 comments:

Ron said...

It looks so much like a cemetery picture. I am curious what this this about.

Anonymous said...

Ooohh, I would love to find out more about this. It does look like it belongs in a cemetery. betsey

Ken Spencer said...

THAT is really interesting! Now that you both mention it, it does look like it belongs in a cemetery! Hmmmmm... Thanks so much for your observations! The mystery continues!