Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Flower in the Hedge


I was walking upstairs and I stopped on the landing to look out the window, which I do often.  Something caught my eye, and I looked closer and saw that it was a single flower bloom way up at the top of the hedge that separates our yard from the people next door.  It hasn't been cut for a couple of years, so it is about nine feet tall!  Where did this bloom come from?  Well, there are all kinds of vines that grow up inside the hedge.  We start each Spring by going into the hedge and cutting the vines and pulling them out.  I am glad we missed this one!  The photograph below shows where the flower is, and how small it is compared to the hedge.  Amazing that I spotted it!


5 comments:

Ron said...

Is that a morning glory?

Anonymous said...

It looks like a Rose of Sharon or Hibiscus, although normally you would have the bush covered in so many blossoms. It is fun to see one lone flower amongst this huge hedge. Glad you spotted it. :-)

Joan

Anonymous said...

It's amazing that this one Rose of Sharon survived all the cuttings! So pretty. betsey

Ken Spencer said...

Thank you both, my favorite readers, for identifying the flower! You guys are awesome!

Ron said...

Rose of Sharon 2, morning glory, 0!