Wednesday, August 25, 2021

What a Difference a Camera Makes


I was interested in doing some photographs with a camera that Stan uses.  He uses Nikon cameras and also Sony cameras.  I wanted to see what it was like to shoot wth one of his Sony cameras, a Sony a7iii, which is a different kind of camera, called a "mirrorless" camera.  The view through the viewfinder is quite different because it is an electronic viewfinder.  Anyhow, I used the camera in Vermont for a while and when I got home I took some photographs around the yard.  I liked this image of our ferns.  So because I was curious, I took my Canon T7i camera which I use almost every day, and did a similar photograph a few minutes later.  Look how different the representation of the scene is!  Of course, I can add yellow to the photograph with my camera, and get an image that is closer to the image I took with the Sony camera.  But still...




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a difference in color!! The first one looks so vibrant with the sun shining and the second looks dull as if tucked away in the forest. betsey

Anonymous said...

That is a big difference in the vibrant color. Now take on with your iPhone too! Nice that Stan let you borrow his camera. Do you need to return it? :-)
Joan

ken schwarz said...

The battle of big brands: Sony, Canon, Nikon and on-board camera image processing. It seems to me that the goal of the camera manufacturer should be to produce the closest color possible as the eye sees it and then leave color tweaking to the photographer.