Friday, December 1, 2023

An Imperfect Tree


I love to photograph trees and I am always looking for perfect ones to photograph.  They can be so beautiful and I have photographed hundreds of trees because of their form, or their perfect shape.  I was walking again this afternoon, always looking as is my way, when I saw this strange, kind of distorted tree silhouetted against the darkened sky.  Its strange shape really captured my attention after I first saw it.  It is not beautiful in the normal sense, but it has such a fascinating shape.  It has clearly been trimmed at the top.  It is located on a small patch of ground in an oil terminal where tanker trucks come to be filled.  In a way, this tree is more interesting because it is imperfect.  The thought I had was that the tree is imperfect, just as all of us are a bit imperfect, so I shouldn't ignore it because it is not perfect.  How's that for a train of thought that you would never expect!

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your thoughts. So true.
Joan

Anonymous said...

All the more reason to photograph this tree! betsey