Friday, December 15, 2023

Last Yacht on the Mooring


I actually took this photograph about a month ago.  It was a Tuesday, of course, Dunkin' Donuts at the beach.  I like how this yacht stands out because it is brilliant white and because of the haze, everything else is gray and we can barely see across the sound.  I saw the yacht and the little breakwater in the foreground then I just had to move back and forth until I liked the balance of everything in the photograph.  I think this composition works.  The yacht has been hauled for the winter by now.  I am gad I got a good photograph before it went away.  I used a 400mm lens to bring all the elements together and to give a larger image of the boat.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photo and composition.
Joan

ken schwarz said...

I believe "Serenity" is a fitting word for this beautifully composed photo of beach, nicely lit rock jetty and brilliant white ketch-rigged sailboat moored in the harbor.

Ken Spencer said...

Promo! Thanks for that. I didn't think of serenity, until you mentioned it, and that feels like the perfect word. thanks.

Anonymous said...

The yacht brightens up the whole scene. Striking! Betsey