Sunday, December 31, 2023

365 New Days


I was on my way to get us some ice cream to celebrate the new year with when I drove by St. Boniface Church in Sea Cliff and saw this tree decorated with lights.  I realized instantly that this would make a perfect blog post!  Something about the tree and the lights just seemed right for welcoming the New Year.  So I went and bought the ice cream and photographed this on the way back.  Kathy showed me a text that her friend Genie sent to her around supper time.  I have never heard a statement like this, and it seemed absolutely perfect for the new year.  Here is is:

"365 new days.  365 new chances." 

Happy New Year to everyone!

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty lights. I like how the wooden doors and brick of the church are lit up in the background. I also like the positive message for today. Happy New Year to you and Aunt Kate!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year. I love the lighted tree the quote Kathy's friend sent.
Joan

Anonymous said...

I like the look of the tree limbs stretching out like welcoming arms. Happy New Year to both of you. Betsey