Monday, January 1, 2024

Mirror Image


We are so lucky to live so close to the water.  In this case, Hempstead Harbor, with Long Island Sound in the distance.  The harbor and the sound are the gift that just keeps on giving.  When I look at the sky from home I only see the sky, which, of course is always changing.  When I look at it down at the harbor, not only is the sky changing but the water is changing as well.  I took my walk late in the day, and was rewarded with a mirror smooth harbor, that in this case, reflected the sky perfectly, giving me a mirror image.  It was nice that there was a bright area in the sky which becomes the center point of the photograph, attracting our eye.  But then you notice the dark cloud overhead, and then its reflection in the water in the foreground.  I think that this photograph is one of my best in a while!

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice photo. A lovely, peaceful scene. Trace

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photo. I agree I am so lucky to live by Long Island Sound. Jenny and I took a walk yesterday afternoon and the water was so calm and so clean, however the sky had so much going on with clouds and color. Ever changing views.
Joan

ken schwarz said...

Happy New Year to you and another year of beautiful, interesting and informative photographs. "Mirror Image" and your other inspired waterfront scenes is always a treat for me.

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful image! And the familiarity of the view is comforting.

Anonymous said...

(From Liz)

Anonymous said...

Your mirror image looks more like a lake than the Harbor. It looks so calm. Beautiful photo. Betsey