Thursday, January 25, 2024

Fog Week II


Yesterday I mentioned I went to Morgan Park in Glen Cove.  I took so many photographs that I figured I could do "Fog Week" as a result.  Well, today I was going over to the Apple store for a cord and charger, so I went down our street.  I was stunned when I saw this scene, with a layer of fog covering the water on the far side of the harbor.  So I started shooting!


The fog lent a kind of mysterious sense to the photographs of the harbor, and how lucky was I that this bird flew in to grab a fish in the water!  Without the bird, there would not be a center of interest.


So then I did a photograph looking south with Shore Road on the left.  Not too much fog in the foreground but you can easily see plenty of it in the distance.


I turned my back to look north and take a few photographs of the fog in that direction.  When I turned back south I could not believe my eyes!  In a minute or two, I think a very faint breeze came in from the west and gently moved the fog from the far side of the harbor to my side!  I was stunned at the change!  I have never seen anything like this before!  It was simply astounding, and beautiful!  Thanks to the bird that circled through the scene!


A neighbor passed me walking down the street with his dog, as I was done and heading back up to my car.  I said to him that I thought this was amazing and he agreed.  When he stood with his phone photographing the scene, I quickly grabbed my telephoto lens from out of the trunk, and managed to grab this shot from some distance away!  So many choices, so many interesting photographs.  Stay tuned for Fog Week Day III.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great variety of photos. When I went to the Milford/West Haven Rotary, it was so foggy that you could see a little sand but not the water and the majority of homes on the water in West Haven were not visible. It was a little scary.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Glad you posted several photos. Cannot believe how fast the fog rolled in and changed the view of the Shore Road photos. Betsey