Monday, January 22, 2024

Moonrise


Stan is offering his online class, Introduction to Night Sky Photography again through the Amateur Astronomers Association of NY, and I decided to take the course again to be supportive.  Plus it is fun to see people starting out and to see what kinds of photographs they do as they learn their craft.  So I know that there will be some kind of moon assignment in the next week or two.  So I decided to go out and try and get an interesting photograph of the moon, while the sky was clear last night.  I took this looking up Laurel Avenue with a telephoto lens which makes the moon larger.  I tried other photographs, one at an older wood church with a nice steeple, but the moon was not in the correct position so that didn't work.  The original photograph was in color, of course, but I thought this photograph was more powerful in black and white.  

 

3 comments:

ken schwarz said...

I immediately thought of Ansel Adams when I clicked onto your blog post this morning and was particularly drawn to the moonlit branches. This is a very nicely composed photograph and correctly presented (in my opinion) in black and white.

Anonymous said...

This black and white photo of moonlit scraggly branches pointing to the very large moon is amazing. Betsey

Anonymous said...

Love this photo of the moon and delicate lower branches and upper branches pointing at the moon.
Joan