Thursday, January 18, 2024

Snow at the Beach


If this is Thursday, then this photograph couldn't have been taken at the beach, because we only go there on Tuesday!  Correct!  And that's when I took it!  But I wanted to show you other snow photographs before this one, so that's why I waited.  OK, so this isn't some beautiful landscape.  But I think it is interesting in a way.  I kept looking at this scene from the car, and finally decided to get my camera out of the trunk and do this photograph.  This scene seems like an intellectual investigation in composition.  There is an upper half and a lower half.  The upper half is soft and hazy.  The foreground is hard edged and is in contrast to the background.  Do you buy that?  It's not beautiful, but it is interesting.

5 comments:

ken schwarz said...

Without your explanation, I would have been scratching my head and wondering "what was he thinking" when taking this photograph? Usually, your blog fans are asked to choose one photo over another. Now we are subtly being asked to chose the top half or bottom half of a blog shot. Mind games?

Ken Spencer said...

No, there is no choice here. I am just talking about how the photograph has two different parts, and each part has a different feel to it. So I guess the photograph is about the contrast between the two parts.

ken schwarz said...

Regrettably, my attempt at lame humor missed its mark.

Anonymous said...

I like the stark rigid fence against the hazy cold water and background. Betsey

Anonymous said...

not completely — subtle but i got it/ginger