Saturday, December 30, 2023

Palm Trees


To get to Liz' and Sarah's home, from Amy and Gus' home, you take Lincoln Blvd to the 90 to the 405 to West Florence Avenue, and then you take that East.  This road brings you to within a stone's throw of where Liz and Sarah live.  We were riding with Liz one afternoon on the way home, and I saw these towering palm trees yet again.  They are in certain places in Venice and Los Angeles, planted in long rows.  How they stay up in wind storms is beyond me, but they do!  So when I saw this scene I was wishing I could get out of the car to photograph the trees without any distractions in the photo.  Then I realized: "Wait!  This is real life.  This is what Los Angeles looks like.  Trees and cars and traffic and traffic lights..."  So I started shooting with my toy camera from the back seat of Liz' car, and the result is a snapshot of real life in Los Angeles, California!

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The trees look like they should be on the beach or somewhere else. It is amazing how they are so tall and synchronized with each other, like dancers or soldiers in a performance. The traffic in the scene looks miserable and makes me cringe. Trace

Anonymous said...

I am amazed by how tall and straight the palm trees are. Still seems strange to see them along the street instead of the beach. Betsy

Anonymous said...

It is amazing that these tall skinny trees survive in the wind. I love Trace's comment about dancers or soidiers! Great photo of life in LA.

Joan