Friday, December 8, 2023

Grasses


There is a woman who lives two houses down the street that I know.  She is a cyclist, and a gardener. It is always interesting to see what she does with gardens around her house.  I have been walking by this scene every day I do my walk, and the other day it finally looked worth a photograph.  The greases were leaning over the ivy planted alongside the street, and the light was soft, and my sense was that the grasses looked like a breaking wave.  I have seen this before but it didn't look just right for a photo, but it did the other day!  What is the quote? "Good things come to those who wait."

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the color and softness of the grasses plus the colorful leaves underneath. Betsey

Anonymous said...

I love your thought of the grasses looking like a breaking wave. Live the colors and textures in this photo.
Joan

Anonymous said...

The colors blend well together. I, too, like the soft look of the grasses. Trace

Ken Spencer said...

Thank you all for your comments. This is not any kind of spectacular photograph, and to me it is subtle, so I love that you all"get" this photograph! Thanks!