Monday, December 18, 2023

There's a Gorilla in Baggage Claim!


We flew from JFK to LAX today for our Christmas in Los Angeles.  More on the flight tomorrow.  When we got to baggage claim, I happened to see a guy dressed as a gorilla!  What?  I didn't want to make eye contact so I kept walking, staying to the right of him.  


Then he put his arms out and started moving toward me!  I thought "I'm just going to get past him."  Just as he got close to me the gorilla lifted it's mask off, an it was Liz!  She finally realized that Kathy and I had not recognized that the gorilla was HER!  Well we laughed and laughed together at her impersonation.


What a great welcome to Los Angeles!  When I first saw the gorilla standing there to one side, I thought: "Well, this IS Los Angeles after all!"

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great disguise. I wonder if security was keeping a close eye on the gorilla. Nice photo of Aunt Kate. Glad you both able to get out to California for Christmas. Trace

Anonymous said...

Love this. What a great way to welcome you! I can imagine your apprehension in a huge airport with lots of strange people but these photos made me smile. Im safe on the East Coast. LOL
Joan

Anonymous said...

Hahaha! I would have avoided the gorilla also. This is so funny. But I have to ask - why a gorilla? What a fun way to start your Christmas vacation! Betsey

ken schwarz said...

People watching at LAX never fails to disappoint... and Liz has taken the experience to new heights! Merry Christmas to the Spencer family.

Anonymous said...

Hooray!! Looking good for sure!
Merry Christmas❤️

Anonymous said...

I bought Gorilla masks for Sarah and I, but I no longer remember why, isn’t that funny?
I once brought my mask to pick up Sarah at the airport, and she didn’t expect me INSIDE the terminal, we usually do that quick scoop out at the curb. So I carried the mask with me, thinking, “is this legal?!” and put it on as I waited. It was fun to see the emailed of strangers as they noticed, but the funniest thing was that sarah recognized my clothes almost instantly so got a good laugh right away.
Mom and Dad had no idea who I was, so they politely dodged me as I stepped into their path, it was really funny! I lifted my mask after just a few seconds so they would be frightened.