Monday, March 12, 2012

Ascent


I have some left over photographs from my Washington, DC trip, and this is one of them. This monumental sculpture named "Ascent" is by John Safer, and is installed in front of the Udvar-Hazy Center of the National Air and Space Museum. It is 75 feet tall, and absolutely stunning. It is polished stainless steel, and reflects the sun and the sky. I came to see the museum, but spent 20 minutes just walking around this, looking for good angles, and then after the museum closed, I came out and walked around it again photographing. This image is one of the first group of photographs that I took.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is stunning!
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

It really is wonderful to walk around the base of this and watch the reflections it it's mirrored surface. Thanks for the comment.

Anonymous said...

Love this! bsk