Thursday, March 22, 2012

The End of an Era


OK, this is a funny story. We finally had to buy a new refrigerator. The good news is that this one has lasted something like 28 years, so I can't complain. Sadly I don't expect the new one to last anywhere near that long. Anyhow, we picked out a stainless steel model, which looks more modern than this one. It was only after buying it, and driving home that it hit me: MAGNETS do not stick to stainless! Oh no! So this is the old refrigerator, and obviously we have way too many refrigerator magnets! But the new fridge will have no magnets. I have no idea what we are going to do with all the stuff that was on the old fridge.

5 comments:

Photodude Images said...

You could always scan the papers.

ken schwarz said...

I thought the idea of having MacBooks, iPads & IPhones was to simplify life by doing away with paper!

Anonymous said...

The shock came after my stainless refrigerator was installed last year. OMG! I can't put anything on my fridge! The good news is: the side of the fridge has @ 2 feet of space not covered with stainless - bingo :-) bsk

Ken Spencer said...

Unfortunately this refrigerator is tucked in amongst the cabinets, so there is no part of the side visible...

Anonymous said...

Hi Uncle Ken!
I was sharing your blogsite with a member of Jon's family today (they came over this morning for Easter brunch and the wife of one of his sons is a photographer). After they left I read about each one of your blog postings - until I got to this one. Who would have thought ahead that magnets don't stick to stainless? That seems like a pretty significant design flaw. Well, I googled 'magnets and stainless' and found this article. It offers some interesting solutions including stainless steel paint or magnetic paint for a cabinet door (as an alternate surface). Here's the article: http://domestikgoddess.com/stainless-steel-and-fridge-magnets-7-solutions/