Sunday, March 25, 2012

Magnolias


When I sat down at the dinner table tonight I looked out the dining room window and saw the setting sun lighting up the neighbor's Magnolia tree which was in full bloom. I grabbed my camera and ran outside so that I wouldn't have to shoot through the window. But from the driveway I was standing about 4 feet lower and the composition wasn't right. So I went back in and shot through two panes of glass - the regular window and the storm window. I didn't have much hope that the image would be sharp, but it was sharp enough. I love the contrast of the brilliant magenta blossoms, and then in the background the scraggy branches of the Locust trees.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you live on Long Island, driving along the parkways--especially Southern State in Suffolk County--is a feast for the eyes. The flowering trees are in bloom along with the forsythia and they are all so bright and beautiful! It's like riding in a botanical wonderland. Sad that they've bloomed so early, but what a breathtaking sight!