Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Fog


I was on the way home from my astronomy meeting tonight, and the closer I got to Sea Cliff, the more dense the fog. I love fog, so instead of driving straight home I drove around town looking for an appropriate scene. There is a favorite park that always seems to come through for me and this is where I took this photo. I love how strange and unfamiliar the dark shape is in the foreground. It is a kid's play gym, I guess it is called, with two slides, a straight one on the left, and a circular one on the right. Or, this may actually be a spaceship.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a weird furnace and the glowing golden light is the fire & heat...bsk

Ken Spencer said...

You're right - maybe two furnaces in the background. I considered converting the photo to black and white, but thought the yellow-orange was more dramatic.