Thursday, March 15, 2012

This is for Sam!


I was driving along Northern Boulevard, and came upon this car going in the same direction. I could see that it was an old timer from a long way off. So I immediately realized that I needed to photograph this, so I could send the shot to Sam so he could tell me what year and make and model this was. If you mention those three items to Sam, he can make you a beautiful drawing of the car, on a napkin, in a diner, from memory! He has done it for me so many times. But then I realized that this is such a fascinating automobile, that I would share it with everyone. It has an old New York State license plate, dated 1960. I did see the Chevrolet logo on the rear, but that's all I know. It felt so good to see this old timer, left over from my youth.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope Sam posts more detail on this cool car!
Joan

ken schwarz said...

Well, the 1960 license plate solves the mystery. This is a 1960 Chevy wagon! Nice photo!

Anonymous said...

Sam posted earlier today but doesn't see the result. It is indeed a 1960 Chevrolet, probably the Kingswood but possibly the Brookwood model wagon. There are subtle trim differences... . Based on some accessoryriffle orr options Visible, probably Kingswood.