Monday, March 26, 2012

The Moon and Venus


This a very poor representation of a spectacular sight that I saw tonight. It is the crescent moon and Venus blazing in the western sky. It seems impossible to show the grandeur and scale and beauty of this in a mere photograph. You need to see this with your own eyes. It would have been better if I could have shot it earlier in the evening, when the sky was deep blue, but I was in a class and not out shooting. This last month has been spectacular with the dance of Venus and Jupiter in the western sky after sunset , and then to have the Moon added to the collection was the crowning glory. Tomorrow night the Moon will be further away from Venus, and not as spectacular. I wish you all could have seen it tonight.

4 comments:

ken schwarz said...

I saw this magnificent alignment of The Moon and Venus last night. Very cool!

Anonymous said...

I saw the moon with 2 stars and it looked gorgeous!! Wished I had a camera that would do it justice.
It was about 8:30, so dark and windy, but totally worth it to just gaze a while...bsk

Anonymous said...

I saw this from the beach is SC - beautiful!
Joan

Anonymous said...

If it hadn't been for you Ken, I would have missed the various placement of the Moon, Jupiter and Venus in the clear night sky. So neat!