Sunday, April 8, 2012

Brooklyn Heights Architecture


Yesterday I mentioned going to Brooklyn Heights and the Promenade. The architecture of the Heights is nothing less than stunning! There is a concentration of over 600 pre-Civil War houses, one of the largest ensembles of such housing in the nation. And there is block after block of picturesque row houses and a few mansions. Architectural styles represented here include Federal Style houses from the early 1800's, brick Greek Revival and Gothic Revival houses, and Italianate brownstones. If you love architecture, this place is just a joy. I of course, have no idea about this particular house, but it just seems so "Brooklyn" to me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

On April 14, 2009, two days after Easter, you posted a picture of a perfect Easter lily. Was looking forward to seeing one this year.

Anonymous said...

And...
April 13, 2007
April 11, 208
April 5, 2010
April 23, 2011

Easter Lily photo; a Ken Spencer tradition.

Ken Spencer said...

Oh Man! Some readers remember! Yikes! I think I have photographed the Easter Lilly in the past because I was desperate! So since I was on a field trip Sunday, I chose to photograph the architecture instead. Sorry to disappoint you this year.