Thursday, April 19, 2012

Purple Buds, II


Last Saturday I posted the photo of the light green leaves, with the purple buds or whatever they were called, underneath the leaves. I think that photo was the best shot, but this is my second favorite. When I saw the purple "haze" near the leaves, I started photographing from a whole bunch of different angles. This was the last shot I did, before the one I posted before. I was right under the tree looking straight up. You can see those purple "things" sticking up. An interesting note is that now the driveway under the tree is covered with the purple things which have now fallen off. I love the "layered" quality to this image - the sharp leaves in the foreground, and the out-of-focus leaves in the background.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is a stunning image.

Anonymous said...

Great photo and so totally different from the first one.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Love the yellow-green colors in the background. Very light and airy. bsk