Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Hauppague Palace

This is Sam's kind of place - a diner! I was coming back from Stonybrook on Saturday night when I saw this all lit up, and fortunately there was a red light, so I was able to stop long enough to shoot this from the car. OK, real photographers don't shoot from cars, but I was desperate! I love all the bright neon colors, and I like that this is a night shot for a change. I only got three shots off before the light changed, and only ONE of them was not blurred from the slightly long exposure. Whew!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Retro looking...if you're not from Long Island, how would you pronouce the name of this town? (Most LIers say HOP-pog.)

Ken Spencer said...

I might spell it phonetically as "Hop-Aug" which is very close to what you guessed.

Anonymous said...

Sam, here.

It gladdens the heart to see ANY place like this- even with modern cars instead of fifties cars. In other parts of this wide land, eateries close by 8:30 or 9:00 except for Applebee's, which some clueless folks think is the height of fine dining. Ecch.

Ecch- like Hauppague, tough to pronounce by those not from the Ny Metro area... .