Saturday, April 7, 2012

Brooklyn Promenade


Vince and Jo Anne have never seen Brooklyn, so we drove in today, and I drove around showing them the sights, as I know them - you know, Flatbush Avenue, Grand Army Plaza, The Brooklyn Museum, and then we finished up at the Promenade in Brooklyn Heights. It was a gorgeous day, and there were all kinds of things to photograph. But when I saw this "action" photo, I thought it was more interesting than the architectural photos I had been taking. It is the usual trick we all do, of holding a camera out at arm's length to photograph our own group shot. It is a photograph of this couple, but I think it also gives a sense of the Promenade and the Brooklyn waterfront. The cranes in the distance are part of a containerized shipping port, and I love the sense they give.

No comments: