Tuesday, November 20, 2012

A Stone Wall for my Sister

I am not sure if you have seen my sister Betsey's comment on my photo of the stone wall with snow and plants growing on it from last Thursday. She said that the stone wall image was her new favorite picture. When I saw that comment, I thought of the New England stone wall at my nephew Patrick's home in Attleboro, Mass, where we are now. I thought "I can't wait to get there and take THIS photograph for my sister!" So here it is. It is a beautiful stone wall, and the lichen adds such richness to the overall look of the photograph. Maybe she will like this one better. Please click on it to see it in more detail.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you! Aren't they just wonderful creations made of stone! I know that originally they were used for property lines as land owners cleared their property. But they are just so "New England". Thanks for posting :-) bsk

Anonymous said...

So Betsy has taken a lichen to this, eh?

Sam

Ken Spencer said...

Sam:
Berry Punny...