Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Astronomy Project

I am involved in an astronomy project where, as an amateur astronomer, I team up with a science teacher at a local school, and we work together to add another level of experience to about three classes during the year. I will be bringing some telescopes to the classes and talk about how they work. We may do some observing of the sun with special telescopes. I am not sure exactly what we will do together, but I am excited about the prospect of the coming school year. Today was the training program for both teachers and astronomers, and we got to meet each other. This is my partner, and in the background another teacher, who are all part of the program. They are both intently watching a presentation by the woman who runs the program. It is an exciting project that we are embarking on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sam's proud of what you're doing- it is "God's work."

You do have some handy globes and stuff to use, yes?