Thursday, November 8, 2012

After the Storm

So last night the snow was so wet and heavy, that the branches of the Japanese Maple tree were touching the ground. I was so afraid that the tree was going to be damaged, that I went and got a push broom, and gently shook the branches that I could reach until the snow fell off and the branches popped back up. This photo of the Maple tree is different from the other photos of it I have posted - you can see the green leaves up above the snow covered branches. OH! And you can see the pumpkin on the ground to the right of the tree. The pumpkin is fine, and the squirrel has been dining on it all day. The other photo shows the Hickory tree with its beautiful yellow leaves. It is always so pretty at this time of year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Squirrel! Glad that you could save your tree branches. My flowering Cherry Tree was so weighted down I was concerned too.
Glad the snow is melting.
Joan+

Anonymous said...

So sweet to see the pumpkin by the tree so the squirrel can feast on it! Apparently, animals, unlike humans, don't get tired of leftovers! I'm sure the Japanese Maple was thankful for the snow brushing.

Photodude Images said...

The colorful leaves on top of snow always looks cool. Sucks to have to shovel before you rake.