Sunday, November 4, 2012

Saturday Post - The Linemen!

Friday Night at 8:21 PM the lights went on! Oh happy day! We were so surprised - I was thinking it might be another 3 to 5 days. What a pleasant surprise. So on Saturday morning after I went to the dump with my recycling stuff, I went looking for the trucks to see where they were working, so that I could thank the workers, and I lucked out. There are 4 trucks in town, from an company in Buffalo, NY. I had a really nice chat with this lineman and told him how much we appreciated all the work they were doing and the long hours they were putting in. He is from the Binghamton, NY area. He said that everyone in town has been so nice to all of them, which was really nice to hear. They are actually living in the Fire Department building. Another worker was from the Oneonta area. Boy were we so happy to have them arrive last Tuesday!

No comments: