Saturday, November 3, 2012

Tuesday Post - Hurricane Sandy, Day 2

Obviously I am way behind in posting to the blog, thus the titles indicating the days that each post *should* have been made on. After watching the high tide on Monday at 11AM, I went back down to the same spot after midnight to see if the water would be even higher than it had been Monday noon. There were a number of people down there, all just as interested in seeing the effects of the storm as I was. The height of the water was about the same. It was tough to shoot since I hadn't brought a tripod, so I had to shoot at ISO 3200 while leaning up against the nearest tree, which results in really "grainy" photographs. It's mainly the the mood of the photograph that strikes me as interesting - the orange color makes it look a bit like the end of the world, which it was for so many unfortunate people on the south facing shores in the New York area.

No comments: