Friday, November 16, 2012

I Have Photographed This Before, of Course

This is the other Japanese maple on the property. It is behind the garage in the back. I was beginning to think that we wouldn't have fall color this year. I am not sure why, except that I haven't seen much color up to now. But this morning I looked out the bathroom window and saw this! Perhaps it was because of a few days of relatively cold weather that we had that finally got the color started. Although, in truth, it is said that the color is already IN the leaves, but it is blocked by the green chlorophy that we see in the summer. For whatever reason, the color blossomed almost overnight, it seems, and I for one, am thrilled.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful color & lighting. So many of the leaves have fallen already.
Joan

Anonymous said...

How lovely! Glad it survived all the 'heavy snow' branch damage many trees suffered from the nor'easter.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! You are lucky to have a tree with leaves - most are gone around the state. bsk