Friday, January 13, 2017

Coffee With Jessica



I had coffee with my friend Jessica this afternoon.  I don't do enough portraits on the blog.  I love doing portraits of people and I should work harder at shooting more of them. I met her about nine years ago when she was a sophomore in high school, when she came to an ASLI meeting, and said she wanted to build her own telescope, and grind and polish her own mirror! So we have been friends for a long time.  She has since graduated from Stony Brook University, with three majors: Physics, Astronomy, and Engineering!  We met to catch up, talking about life and astronomy.  So here is the fun thing - I usually do a snapshot of her when we meet for coffee.  I did that today, and then later on noticed the man at the next table watching us, so I took out my camera and did this photograph!  This photograph may really be more about the guy in the background and the light on his face, than it is about Jess.

No comments: