Sunday, January 8, 2017

It's Snowing Outside


When it started snowing yesterday, I waited for about four hours, and then late in the day went for a walk.  I headed down Laurel Avenue, looking for photographs all the way.  I didn't get far before I saw this scene.  I liked this shot, not because it was great art, but rather because it was a more documentary kind of photograph - that it showed what the snowfall looked like.  What is interesting is that I have passed this scene literally hundreds and hundreds of times in the forty five years we have lived here, but I never saw it in this way before.  I like the scene more now, looking at the image, than I did while taking the picture.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

When enlarged this shot is mesmerizing !!

Anonymous said...

I agree. Everyone is tucked inside staying safe and warm, except for the photographer. Thanks for a great photo.
Joan

Anonymous said...

I like the 3 mailboxes, standing like sentinels in the snow awaiting the mail delivery. --Stan

Anonymous said...

Ansel Adams has nothing on you !!! Thanks for braving the elements.

Ken Spencer said...

Wow! What a thrill to look for comments this morning, and find FOUR! Thank you all. I guess this shot is more interesting than I thought! So glad you all enjoyed it.