Saturday, April 4, 2020

A Conversation With Social Distancing


So this is an interesting story, and it is also part of another story which I will be posting eventually.  This is Jordan, and he and his wife are from California and they are both visiting the new neighbors from next door, who have moved from California.  I met his wife before Coronavirus and she knew I was a photographer, because I had sent cards with pictures of our cats to the children next door.  Anyhow, she said that Jordan and I should talk, but the lockdown got in the way.  So they have decided to head back home, and so she suggested that Jordan and I meet, with the proper amount of social distance and have a conversation.  It was wonderful!  We had so much to talk about.  He does a lot of portraits for movies and network shows in California and he is really a great photographer.  So at least we got to meet before they head off.  Jordan said that they will be back, probably in a couple of months, and maybe then we can sit down for coffee and conversation again.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice that you could meet and enjoy conversation with your new neighbor. I sat on the lawn with 3 neighbors in the condo, chairs 6 feet apart, and had a chance to catch up. I should have taken a photo! :-)
Joan

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you were able to meet with Jordan since you spoke about him being friends with your neighbors. It will be interesting to hear more about his work. It's great you we can interact with friends and neighbors even though we are doing it at a distance. It keeps us connected, happy and sane. betsey

Anonymous said...

healthcare workers look at this photo and say nice! they are helping us. while it seems odd to do, it is necessary. We are all in a global war with a deadly virus. a hideous foe. by doing what you see in this photo you are saying to the virus sorry virus you will not get the opportunity to hurt my friend here, and vice versa. its a great snapshot of the real battlefield. when ever do you see a battle in a pastorale scene with two folks in conversation that is exactly what I see here, an effective battle strategy. Great Job to you both setting this example. admitted I do see two folks having a nice conversation I see the lovely scene as well. Now you and Kathy and all others need to keep doing this until the enemy is suppressed such that we can begin to exit our trenches and resume our previous lives. amen -laurel

Ken Spencer said...

Hi Laurel: Thank you again for your thoughtful comments! I always appreciate your insight and your thoughtfulness.