Thursday, April 30, 2020

Getting a Starbucks Fix


I love a good cup of coffee, and I have been known to buy a cup or two of Starbucks coffee over the years.  And every now and again I even spring for a double tall no-foam latte.  Starbucks closed their stores to people coming inside to order about a month or so ago, but they kept their drive up window in operation.  Man oh man...   Cars are sometimes lined up on the street 8 in a line before turning right into the drive up lane which I am showing here.  I think the wait can be 20 minutes or so from where I am standing.  I will go home and brew my own coffee, thank you very much.  I have no patience for waiting in line.  Old people are like that!   :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree - old people are like that. I would not get into a long drive-up line for a cup of coffee or a burger. Maybe I will try for a free Dunkin Donut today if the line is short. :-) I did that last Friday for the first time in years.

Joan

Anonymous said...

Dunkin" extended their free donut Friday for the month of May. I will go later for my afternoon coffee & "sweet". They don't have a line at the hour. I don't like to wait in lines, either. I used to buy Starbucks whole bean coffee so I could roast my own. Then I could have fresh coffee in the morning. betsey

Ken Spencer said...

Actually I buy Starbucks whole bean espresso roast. So I do have a problem on my hands when the nearly full bag I brought is empty. The photographer who was staying next door went to Starbucks for something and his wife called me and asked if I needed anything from there! So I asked for a pound of beans, and he bought them for me, which was so nice! That's how I learned that the wait runs about 20 minutes.