Wednesday, April 22, 2020

The Deluge


Yesterday there was a deluge as a thunderstorm passed by to our north.  The rain was coming down in sheets.  I went out on the front porch, and discovered that the drain pipe was blocked, so water was pouring out of the gutter.  So I photographed the water overflowing - you can really only see it against the hickory tree.  I used a slow shutter speed so the water is blurred, instead of being frozen in mid air.  It is still difficult to see it.  What you can see is that in the background is how the trees are obscured because there is so much rain coming down.  In the foreground, in case you are curious, is a Cosanti bell which I bought in Arizona some years ago.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to see a close up photo of your Cosanti bell. It looks very interesting.
Joan

Anonymous said...

I like the two faces on your ceramic Cosanti bell. Of course, I had to look it up! That's the treasure in this photo! betsey

Ken Spencer said...

Thank you both for your comments. I am impressed that my baby sister went and looked up Cosanti. It is such a cool place.