Tuesday, April 7, 2020

No Dunkin' Donuts, Week 4



So there would be no surprises, this morning on the way to Dunkin' Donuts, we drove down by the Sea Cliff beach to see if the orange drums were gone.  The whole road was repaved, which was why the drums were there, but the orange drums were STILL there!  What?   So we went to Dunkin' and then to Tappan Beach.  This is where we parked, and it is actually a better view of the water than our first parking place.  We have decided to have our coffee and donuts here from now on.  You may wonder about the surgical mask on the dashboard.  That's an interesting story...


The other day I was in our grocery store checking out, and so busy putting my groceries in my bags, I realized I hadn't said "hello" to the clerk at the register.  I looked up and said "I'm sorry, I was so busy bagging that I forgot to say 'Hello.'  I'm sorry.  How are you?"  He was wearing a surgical mask and he said "I'm doing great because of this," and he pointed to his surgical mask.  Clearly he felt safer wearing one.  I said "I'm sorry I don't have a mask on - I couldn't find a way to buy one, but my wife and I are working on making our own."  With that, he said to another employee: "Carlo, can you go get two masks for this customer, please?"  With that the employee returned with a plastic bag of masks, and said "Please take two."  I was stunned and I thanked the cashier profusely, over and over.  What a wonderful act of kindness!  And so today, at Dunkin', I wore my mask to make the cashiers feel more comfortable and then later I wore my mask back to the grocery store.   Here I am wearing my mask in the car just for the photograph!




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heartwarming story of kindness and generosity in these scary times. Oh, and beautiful view of the water.
Joan

Anonymous said...

What a generous thing for the grocery clerk to do! Touching! I like the view of Tappan Beach. Good choice to enjoy donuts...betsey

indiantrendingblog said...

Thanks For Sharing this great article.

kn95 mask
n95 face mask
surgical mask
surgical face mask
surgical disposable face mask
Face Mask

Karen said...

So kind and generous of the clerk.