Monday, April 13, 2020

The Deluge


We had some wild weather this morning and most of today.  It was raining cats and dogs and the winds were howling!  The winds were 30 to 40 MPH and gusts were up to 60 MPH.  At times it was pouring.  I decided, however that I really needed to buy bagels for breakfast, so I set out in the car to go to the bagel store.  I thought I should try and take a photograph that showed the rain.  So this is a more impressionistic image, which I got by focusing on the rain on the car windshield, rather than focusing on the distance.  I did all this, by the way, by setting my camera before I left my driveway.  And there were no other cars on the road, so my process was completely safe!   :-)

3 comments:

ken schwarz said...

Today's blog post photo is amazing. A very cool impressionistic effect and well worth the effort with minimal risk. This photo ranks very high on the all time best list!

Ken Spencer said...

Primo! Thanks so much. I was trying to figure out how to photograph the rain and give a sense of how much there was. This is what I came up with.

Karen said...

Incredible photo!