Wednesday, October 28, 2020

A Haircut in a Time of Covid

                             

I was getting pretty raggedy so on Friday I made an appointment at the hairdressers.  In the old days, when I went there, the salon was full of women, many speaking Italian or Spanish, in addition to English.  I love the sounds of all the voices and the laughter.  Lucia owns the salon, and his is Janet from Columbia who washes my hair and it is always nice to talk to her.  But now the salon is mostly silent with usually just 3 people so there is plenty of distance between each of us.  It is still nice to go there, though.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So much change since March and the Covid virus. Strange photo but your blog explains the differences. betsey

Anonymous said...

My hair salons also wears plastic face shields as well as masks. It is hard on salons that they cannot service a man's haircut in between waiting for a woman hair color to set for 30 minutes or so. A changed business under these circumstances. Love getting a shampoo and head massage before my haircut.
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

I love getting the shampoo and head massage before my haircut, from Janet. I always tell her in 3 minutes I will be asleep! :-)