Tuesday, October 13, 2020

No Dunkin' Donuts - Week 31


Week 31 at the beach for coffee and donuts.  "What on earth am I going to take a photograph of for the blog?"  It was raining, and there is no one at the beach walking around, and I couldn't imagine what I could possibly shoot.  And then it occurred to me!  When we are done with our breakfast, we usually take our cups and covers and donut bag and put them back in the car.  But this morning, we notice that there were no garbage barrels anywhere on the beach.  So I just took the coffee cups and covers and donut bag and cardboard cup carrier and then just threw them on the beach.  They should have left the trash barrels on the beach!

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are too funny. Well, at least you got a Dunkin photo for the day. My first reaction was disgusting that people leave garbage on the beach.
Joan

Anonymous said...

Yes, they should have left the trash barrels! But I know that you picked up your trash as soon as you were done!!! betsey

ken schwarz said...

I laughed when I saw this post and knew immediately that you were desperate for a picture. Then I thought about all the paper cups (31 x 2 = 62) and that we are probably only about halfway through the pandemic. Therefore, many more paper cups will be trashed. What about investing in a pair of reusable insulated mugs with spill proof lids to help save the planet. But.... if everyone were to do that then the paper cup company would go out of business. People would lose jobs, dividends would be eliminated, leading to reduced income for retiree stock portfolio accounts The negative effects of putting a company out of business have far reaching implications! Saving the planet will not be an easy task but I am an optimist! I have a lot of faith in man's ability to innovate, design and build solutions; eventually, innovations and economics will come together to save us!

Ken Spencer said...

I am so glad that NONE of you thought that I actually left the trash on the beach! Hooray for you all! You know me better than that. And you knew that I was really desperate for a shot - I guess that was the clue! Thanks for posting your comments.