Thursday, October 8, 2020

The Doll Maker


I have posted two photographs of Kathy with two of the quilts she has made.  She made one more quilt as a gift for a good friend of Amy's and sent that off.  Then she said "I need a new project."  So she has started making dolls!  Dolls are something that little girls love, of course, and Kathy still has some time left before Vivian is old enough for dolls.  This is the fourth one she has made, but I love seeing her stated casually on our antique clock so I am showing her first.  Kathy figures what kind of doll she would like to make, and then watches YouTube videos to learn how to do certain parts of doll making.  It is really impressive seeing her at work, and then seeing the finished work!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just love everything about this and the doll is beautiful and delicate. I look forward to seeing the others. Mom made dolls for Karen, Betsey and me when we were adults. Handmade items are so special.
Joan

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love Kathy's doll. She looks unique with her thin legs and arms, her curly hair and her precious face. She is going to be so special for Amy and Vivian. A handmade gift is truly the best!! betsey

Anonymous said...

How adorable! I love how dainty she looks and the colors too. Very creative and cheerful. The old fashioned clock in the photo reminds me of how timeless dolls are. I agree with Joan, too. I would like to see the collection of them when they are done. Trace