Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Out With The Trash

                                

I just realized I will be posting two photos of trash in a row!  Glad everyone knew yesterday's post was a joke, but today's post is not.  This is a 200mm f/4 Nikkor telephoto lens that I bought shortly after coming to Newsday back in November of 1966, and I used it for a number of years for sports and news assignments.  Then Nikon came out with the 180mm f/2.8 which was much better in low light, so I bought that lens and stopped using this one.  I do remember one photograph I did with this lens when I first got it - it was of an athlete throwing the shot put - I won second prize in sports photography from the Associated Press.  I couldn't bear to throw this out.  It is kind of beat up, but it works OK, but not on modern digital cameras.  I did go to ebay to check out the price and you can buy one in great condition for $49.  OK, so in to the trash for my wonderful lens.  Sad to see you go.  You were a faithful companion, my friend.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on winning a prize for your sports photo with this lens. Bigger congratulations for letting it go! We all need to clean out and down size so our children are not burdened with the task. Throw something out each day. :-)
Joan

Anonymous said...

Ditto what Joan wrote! It is difficult to get rid of things. I am trying to get rid of lots of items since I've been inspired by helping Karen get rid of her "stuff". betsey