Monday, July 4, 2022

80 Something!


Look at me, I am riding at 80 miles per hour!  Look at me go!  Oh wait.  I only ride at 20 MPH on the flat and sometimes 35 MPH going downhill. So the 80 must be something else.  Hmmmmm...  let me think what else the 80 could mean...  Oh, Man, I just thought of what it is.  It is the number of trips I have made around the Sun!  Yup, that's it!  I have been around our Sun 80 times.  That's a lot.  I must be an old person, then...   :-)   My friend Stan came out to visit for an afternoon, before we went to the astronomy club meeting last week.  I had an idea for today's auspicious occasion, so I asked if he would take my camera and do a portrait of me riding my bike on Shore road.  He did such a great job, and the best series of shots is when he put the camera "on the deck" meaning on the ground to shoot this.  What a great shot.  What a great photographer and friend he is!

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photo of my 80 year old brother. Now that you have given away Stan's secret "on deck" photos, what will he do? Love the post and you.
Joan

ken schwarz said...

Welcome to the octogenarian club! Ride on to our next big milestone at ninety - YIKES!

Anonymous said...

Glad you are still biking. It is so much fun! Happy Birthday. Trace

Ron said...

Happy day!

Anonymous said...

This is why you are in such great shape. Cannot believe my big "brudder" is going to be 80! You still have a lot of hair and it's mostly brown :-) Stan got a great shot of you. betsey