Saturday, July 9, 2022

July Family Picnic


We had our annual July Family Picnic today, and it was a wonderful day.  We have had these gatherings before I was born!  So many of us, both living and passed, were born in the month of July.  My mother and father were both born in July, and  my sister Betsey was, and Amy was, and my niece Kelsey was!  So that's why the giant gatherings in the past.  Fewer people now, but Kathy and my three sisters are seated, and standing, Amy and Liz, then their cousin Kelsey, then Joan's son Jonathan, and his sister.  The twins are in the first row, the children of Jonathan and Lauren, who was in New Jersey at her family today.  And the twins are holding Miss Vivian and the three of them entertained each other all afternoon.  They took such great care of Vivian it was a joy to see!


There is a photography gene in the Spencer family, as displayed by Liz and Amy, taking a photo of my sisters and I.  Look how much fun they have taking pictures!  A chip off the old block, as was said many years ago by my Grandfather Spencer.  It was such a great day having us all together.

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a nice family photo and a nice family tradition of getting together yearly to celebrate. I love the photo of Amy and Liz too and the joyful look on both of their faces. Trace

Anonymous said...

Wonderful day. So happy we could all be together, especially with Liz and Amy here from the West Coast
Joan

Anonymous said...

Fabulous day! So many magical moments with Liz, Amy and Miss Vivian along with her cousins, Evelyn and Grayson who took excellent care of her! Didn't want the day to end...betsey

Anonymous said...

What a special day to celebrate with family, especially with Liz and Amy! Karen

1MoWave said...

What a wonderful day. It is always an honor to share that special day with y'all. For a moment, I get to feel like I'm still on Seaside avenue. Such a busy gathering with the little kids and all; you must have been exhausted! Happy Birthday, Ken.
Skip