Thursday, July 7, 2022

Moon Watch


We had an outreach program tonight at Old Westbury Gardens.  It was a moon watch event, and we were mobbed, which was wonderful!  I couldn't believe how many people came.  They were all very patient because even though we had five telescopes set up, there were so many people who wanted to see the moon that we had long lines.  This is a view down the line of telescopes, with people waiting.


This is my telescope, with one of our visitors looking through it at the Moon.  I first showed everyone in my line the Moon at low power so they could see all of the Moon.  Then I told everyone not to go away after seeing the first view, because I was going to show them a detail of an area of the moon with high power that had only craters, one after the other!  Everyone was so thankful for us coming with our telescopes.  We had young and old and everyone in between, and men and women, which was particularly nice to see.  It was such a great evening for our club, and for the people who came to see the Moon.

 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that five of you share your telescopes and love for astronomy or the moon. So happy to see so many people come out and enjoy this opportunity.
Joan