Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Best Friends


I rarely get to take portraits these days.  I used to do portraits a lot when I was working, and I miss setting up a portrait of someone, as opposed to doing candid photos of them.  There were so many things going on at the birthday party for Vince, and I was trying to photograph everything.  Then I happened to be in the kitchen and noticed Becky and her best friend Rachael standing near each other by the center island.  It's funny, but I think it took me 15 seconds to think "Hey, that would make a great portrait of the two of them" so I asked if I could photograph them, and they said "yes," and I asked them to move closer to one another.  This is such a cool story because they met because both of their husbands were best friends in High School and that's how they met each other!  They are both so smart, and they are both voracious readers - I spent time talking to both of them about what they were reading.  About a book a week, each!  I just think it is amazing how they met, and they are best friend now!  I love stories like this!   

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love feel good stories about best friends.
Joan

Anonymous said...

What a nice story about two women who became best friends through family. I love stories about women as our family is blessed with nice, strong, positive women! betsey