Wednesday, June 30, 2021

The New Entrance


I mentioned the other day how many years I have been coming here to what is now the George Eastman Museum.  Because of Covid, I had not been here for perhaps 2 years.  Imagine my surprise when I drove up and saw this new, modern entrance to the museum!  You used to park right across from this entrance, and then walk down the sidewalk to the left about 100 feet, and turn the corner and enter the museum from the back.  Not fun in the rain and snow!  


Once inside there is a broad corridor with beautiful wood floors, leading to the gift shop and a new larger dining area for the restaurant, and access to both the Eastman House and the photo galleries.  Quite a change for this place that had a feeling of home for me during my college years.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your comment "had a feeling of home for me during my college years". It's always different going back...betsey