Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Homework Assignment No. 2

 

The homework assignment for Stan's Advanced Astrophotography Class was to use a special software application for photographers which can show exactly where various objects like the sun, moon, and planets will be in the sky at any time you choose.  So this is the shot I planned.  I hoped that moon would be lower and thus closer to the steeple.  I knew the moon might be too high, but I thought that when I got to the site I could make up for it by moving closer to the steeple of the church.  But there were hedges where I needed to stand.  I was standing in someone's front yard in the dark, surrounded by hedges even to get this shot!  So, close, but no cigar!


On the way home I went to where my favorite line of Sycamore trees are alongside the harbor, and I moved around until I got the moon where I wanted it and decided on this composition of three trees to surround the moon.  So this was not planned with the software, but put together on the spot.  Lovely photograph, but I guess I will get a failing grade because I didn't plan this with software!   :-)  Stan is such a tough customer when grading his students, even if they are his friends...   :-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You may get a failing grade but I like both photos :-) betsey

Anonymous said...

I like both photos, one planned and one not. I look forward to seeing your report card! :-)
Joan

Anonymous said...

I love the steeple in the night sky with the moon. Both photos are great! Trace