Monday, June 21, 2021

More Architecture


I didn't set out for this to be "Architecture Week" but it is looking that way!  This was a church some years ago, which is now turned into a community center for Glenwood Landing.  I ride by this every day I ride my bike.  So I came here to use the steeple in my photo of the moon for Stan's class.  After I did my moon shot, I decided to photograph the building for its own sake.  I like that the light is interesting and different.  The building is illuminated by some faint skylight, and a streetlight which casts a yellow-green color on the street.  I should come back here and photograph this church in different kinds of light.  It would be an interesting project, and viewers of the blog might be surprised by what I find.  Stay tuned.

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a beautiful old church. The soft lighting is nice. I would be interested to see other photos. I'm glad to read that it was repurposed as a community center. betsey

Anonymous said...

I love the lighting of this beautiful old church photo. I look forward to you posting photos of this same scene at different times of day and lighting, although I think this one will always be the winner!
Joan

Ken Spencer said...

Thanks for your comments. Makes me want to take some more pictures as soon as I can!